Facilities Services Specialist, Centralized
Location: Plano, TX
With more than 2,200 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage has an exciting opportunity for a Central Facilities Specialist to be based out of our office in Plano, TX. This position will be responsible for the asset management of our portfolio through managing the work order process, engaging vendor network to ensure quality service and timely response, and continuously looking for process improvements to develop a closed loop process on Repair & Maintenance. We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated individual that implements critical thinking as a means to problem solving. Must enjoy a fast pace and diverse workload in a dynamic environment! Experience with Commercial Construction and Facilities Management is a plus.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist the Facilities Department in analyzing and procuring bids for repairs and maintenance for 2,020 locations across the nation
- Coordinates the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of company buildings, building grounds and equipment
- Analyzing for trends, and making appropriate recommendations or actions
- Dispatching work request and tracking completions
- Track expenditures on repairs and maintenance services.
- Ongoing monitoring/processing of all property system work request.
- Acting as primary interface between vendors, operations and regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for providing customer Service to all properties through detailed diagnosis and resolution to maintenance issues.
- 2 + years of previous administrative support experience.
- Background in facilities management (roofing, HVAC, elevators, fire systems) preferred.
- Flexible work schedule and willing to work weekends as a set schedule.
- Excellent Math aptitude.
- Ability to quickly learn processes/systems
- Self starter
- Experience in the Big Sky Work Order/Service Channel system or similar
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel/Work preferred.
- Accounts payable experience is a plus.
- Ability to function well in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Minimum High School Diploma
Public Storage offers competitive base in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSA's for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
Keyword: PSCorporate, Real Estate, Facilities