PRN Medical Assistant/Receptionist
Location: Corsicana, TX
Name: Quad Graphics
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
QuadMed is currently seeking a per-diem Medical Assistant to work at the Kohl's Express Care Wellness Center located at their Corsicana, TX facility.
QuadMed provides workplace solutions on a national level to employers of all sizes. Our health and wellness centers provide medical, laboratory, pharmacy, fitness, and rehabilitation services along with coordinated care through relationships with local hospitals, providers, and specialists.
As a Medical Assistant, this individual will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare professional with the ability to work in an environment where one-on-one time with patients and positive outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success. The successful candidate will focus on prevention and wellness, and perform all medical assistant functions. Front office duties include reception and electronic scheduling.
This position is a per diem no position with no guaranteed hours.
- Measure and record vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc.)
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR for all patient care, i.e. patient interview and history, vital signs, treatments, test results
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests
- Assists medical staff with exams
- Performs front office duties, patient check in and out, schedule appointments, co-pays, and batching
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens
- Performs lab tests including preparing specimen, testing, and recording results. Ensures CLIA/OSHA compliance standards are met.
- Drug screens
- Prepares and administers medications and immunizations per provider order
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Assist patients in the scheduling of diagnostic tests, outpatient services and hospital admissions.
- Provide patient with information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows HIPAA regulations
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
Additional Company Information
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team approach to health care delivery
- Pediatric experience preferred
- One (1) to five (5) years of experience preferred
- Phlebotomy and lab experience required
- Current BLS certification required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written) required
- Experience working in a medical facility and/or front office preferred
- Bilingual a plus
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Employment in this position is contingent upon successfully passing all QuadMed pre-employment, as well as any specific checks required for your access to client sites.