Overnight Security Officer Openings!
Location: Ankeny, IA
Pay: $10.00 - $11.00 /Hour
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AVAILABLE!
Make a life changing decision today; advance your career by gaining knowledge and experience with a company who works for you to ensure the best opportunities possible. Securitas Security Services has immediate security officer openings available in your area today! The positions are available in downtown and West Des Moines These positions are Overnight shifts! Ideal candidates should be flexible with their schedules and willing to work weekends and holidays. These officers are called upon to perform a wide variety of functions including, but not limited to: access control, foot patrols, and property surveillance, as well as multi-tasking on a constant basis.
If you are looking for a career in security, public safety, or law enforcement, join us, and gain knowledge and experience you can use to grow and enhance your professional development!
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- The ability to utilize a tablet, computer or smartphone.
- Currently possess or have the ability to obtain a Valid Driver's license.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
- Must be able to meet the minimum requirements for state and local licensing and/or site standards as established by the company.
*Securitas has the industries best benefits including the following and so many more!
- paid vacation time
- Extensive training programs
- Dedicated Region and Area Management staff to support you!
- Career growth opportunities!
Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
Dont' let this opportunity pass. Start helping to protect your community today!