LPN- Regional Health/Custer Senior Care (Full Time)
Location: Custer, SD
DepartmentRHSC-CU Long Term Care-Skilled Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours32
Job SummaryThe LPN utilizes a progressive, cooperative effort to provide both direct patient care and telephone triage as authorized by licensed personnel, within his/her scope of practice. Demonstrates knowledge of standards, policies/procedures and integrates knowledge into delivery of care.
● Assists with patient education and documents all teaching appropriately. Teaching materials at the station are available for utilization in an organized manner. Reinforces the teaching provided to the patient by the provider and gives additional teaching as necessary. Documents teaching in the medical record.
● Completes a subjective assessment and vital signs during patient check in, and documents appropriately as evidenced by documentation and observation.
● Demonstrates the ability to recognize an emergency and initiate appropriate response.
● Performs telephone triage duties as defined, in a complete and organized manner, realizing limitations and seeking assistance.
● Prepares and administers routine medications according to unit policy as evidenced by chart review/observation.
● Accurately administers medications, immunizations accurately and in accordance with clinic policy.
● All charts contain appropriate orders.
● Answers telephone with a pleasant voice, proper identification of self and department; offers assistance and relays messages appropriately.
● Anticipates the needs and wants of the provider by preparing the patient, equipment and exam room for the appropriate exam. Patient care areas will be kept stocked with appropriate supplies and appropriate volume of supplies.
● Appropriately fills out all variances and incident reports within 24 hours.
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.Physical Requirements:
Come join us in our pursuit to become the best healthcare system in America!
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.