Location: Houston, TX
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 /Hour
Name: Gene O'Neil
Prestigious credit union client is seeking a Collector with banking experience! This is a contract opportunity expected to start immediately and may last anywhere from 1-3 months. Flexible schedules available!
- Contact delinquent accounts by phone and mail; takes appropriate action to bring current.
- Analyzes financial situation of delinquent borrowers; makes recommendations to repossess collateral when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful.
- Maintains accurate files and reports on all collections activity.
- Informs management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged-off loans.
- Collect and solve problems on Check Sentry and all overdraft accounts.
- Interact with Protection Insurance Program vendor. Make sure notices are sent and telephone contact is made with the member regarding the program. Contact member when payments will be increased to include the PIP. Process refunds in a timely manner.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience with Profit and Loss recovery.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must enjoy working directly with the public using a courteous and professional approach.
- Strong PC skills also required.
- Must be willing to work one late evening per week and rotational Saturdays as required.